We recently stumbled across an interesting article titled “Ag on the Menu” in the February issue of Successful Farming. The article by Cheryl Tevis talks about how eight food bloggers from across the U.S. were invited to participate in the annual Iowa CORNucopia Tour. We were excited to see what other farm women are doing to help answer folks’ questions about food and farming. We were even more excited to see CommonGround Iowa volunteer Sara Ross was quoted in the article!
Stops on the tour included:
- Nineteenth-century Living History Farms museum
- Bill and Nancy Couser’s grain and cattle farm
- Lincoln Way Energy LLC dry mill ethanol plant
- Iowa Speedway (where the guests experienced rides in ethanol-powered pace cars)
- Iowa State University to learn about hot topics like high-fructose corn syrup and hormones in meat
- Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen and publication facilities
Check out this feature at http://www.agriculture.com/family/health/prevention/ag-on-menu_337-ar21913. Don’t forget to check out the list of the bloggers who participated in the tour and follow their blogs.